« Home | ORIGINAL SONG TITLES » | AMERICAN ALBUM » | BRITISH ALBUM » | RINGO STARR » | GEORGE HARRISON » | PAUL McCARTNEY » | JOHN LENNON » | Perjalanan Karir » | History 6 » | History 5 »

GET BACK TAPES

GET BACK TAPES
 
This is the morass of any project attempting to list unreleased Beatles songs. Firstly, do you want to call rehearsals and partial, off-the-cuff renditions Beatles versions? And then there's the problem that more Get Back stuff is still leaking out, and who can keep up with it. But I'll toss out a few lists of songs more or less performed. I'll skip the fact that much of "Abbey Road" appears here too. For much more detail, see the book "Drugs, Divorce and a Slipping Image".

Known or possible old Lennon--McCartney originals: all are fragments and the titles are speculative in most cases : Hot as sun [with words], I lost my little girl, I fancy me chances [?], If tomorrow ever comes (I'll wait till tomorrow), Just fine, Thinking of linking, Too bad about sorrows, Wake up in the morning (Because I know you love me so), Won't you please say goodbye

Improvisations or work songs never finished: Commonwealth/White power/Can you dig it medley (Paul and John), How do you tell someone (George), I look out the window (George), I'm going to pay for his ride (Paul), Madman (John), Negro in reserve (John and Paul), Pillow for your head (Paul), Shakin' in the sixties (John), Taking a trip to Carolina (Ringo), There you are Eddie (Paul), Watching rainbows (John)

Songs Paul finished later : Another day, Back seat of my car, Every night, Suicide, Teddy boy

Songs John finished later : Child of nature [as Jealous guy], Give me some truth  

Songs George finished later : All things must pass, Let it down, Hear me lord, Isn't it a pity

Note : on the unreleased "Get Back" albums, "The Walk" is the Jimmy McCracklin hit written by McCracklin- Gorlic, and the opening instrumental sometimes called "Rocker" is pretty much "Down the road apiece" by Raye and recorded by Chuck Berry.

Print sources  Mark Lewisohn, "The Beatles Recording Sessions" and "The Beatles Chronicle". L.R.E. King, "Do You Want to Know a Secret" and "Fixing a Hole". Doug Sulpy and Ray Schweighardt, "Drugs, Divorce and a Slipping Image". Doug Sulpy, ed., issues of "The 910" (journal).


Archives

Guest Book

Be my guest. Please write down your message on the shoutbox below for commenting The Beatles Blog in general.


Free Beatles Email

Have No eMail Yet? Sign Up For FREE !!
First Name:
Last Name:

Beatles Email Login

Check Your Beatles Blog Mail Here!!

User Name:
Password:

electronic health record software

electronic health record software

Number of online users in last 3 minutes

KampungBlog.com - Kumpulan Blog-Blog Indonesia

Blogger Indonesia
Web Page Rank Icon

Google


-->
View My Stats